Sunday, September 28, 2014

Week 5 - Puss in Boots



  This was one of my favorite stories we've had to read so far in this class. I used to read Puss in Boots a lot as a small child, but reading it again now I've picked up so many new things I never noticed before. As a younger kid I always thought puss in boots was very funny, and smart to trick people to get what he wants; but now there is so much more I pick up about his personality, and the details in his elaborate plans. This version of the story was also very different from the one I've grown up reading so it was interesting to see the small differences that come with a different version. I've always known Puss in Boots to be an extremely sly and cocky cat who will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. He cares a great deal about his social standing and in my opinion, he believes that he should receive special treatment. But as self centered as he is, Puss in boots always manages to get whatever he or his master may want; the more challenging it is to get, the more elaborate and ridiculous his plan will be. He works extremely hard to please himself, his master, and his friends and admirers. Even when it seems impossible, he (insanely) always comes out on top. Though he deserves to take credit for his accomplishments, he does not deserve to be cocky; especially since he constantly blows himself up and out of proportion. Even with all he has going on, he takes the time to tell us about his boots and explain all of his special tricks in detail. Puss in Boots may spend a good portion of his story talking about himself, he really does care about others, which he proves every time he helps his master. He may be cocky, but he really does have his friends and masters best interests at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment