Sunday, September 28, 2014

Week 5- Alice Weir

There are many unique aspects of this piece that I would like to touch on. First, the use of 1st person plural narration goes a long way in making the reader realize that a group of people share the same ideas about the situation. It is as if the speaker is speaking for everyone in the train station. Places like, "...we are only interested in the people who are arriving this evening" and "We're tempted to tell her to wake up and pay attention" show how multiple people are watching the scene since the word "we" is being used. I also like how this piece is a perfect example of a camera panning around a certain area. I enjoy how the author cuts from the scene with Alice to the scene of the family. It's relatable in that sense because usually when people are watching other people, they tend to get distracted by other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment