Sunday, September 7, 2014
Week 2, " The Snow Man"
I couldn't help but tell this poem seems to be the highlight of the week! But no, that isn't why I'm deciding to write a response on it. Ive never truly been one for the winter, its typically too brisk for my liking. But having skied my first time last winter, I've come to form a liking to winter. This poem captures every aspect and the essence that winter brings. The first stanza I feel I can relate to this as it says, " One must have a mind of winter" which in my eyes means you as an individual have to have an appreciation for the season to understand its beauty. Something I never quite had until last winter, but it is something to be obtained, something you must gain in order to admire the season. This poem truly uses plenty of imagery to capture a wide variety of perspectives of winter and not just some snow man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you, this poem really does capture every aspect so well we can picture every detail in our minds. Every icicle is exactly where the speaker placed it, and it can seem as though we are looking at the world through the snow man.
ReplyDelete