Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week 7- Anne Carson's short talks

I really loved short talks because each piece was unique and meaningful. On the Mona Lisa was my favorite because it was mysterious, just like the painting itself. I love the opening line, "Every day he poured his question into her" because it shows how the artist didn't even know what he was making. It was like he was asking her questions, but never received answers, adding to her mystery. I also like the line in On Homo Sapiens that says, "In every story I tell comes a point where I can see no further." This shows how all stories have ends because nothing can last forever. In class, someone said how important the titles of these pieces are since they tell the reader what the story is about. I really agree because in the story On the Mona Lisa, her name isn't mentioned again. If her name wasn't in the title, we wouldn't know who the story was about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment